Everest Gokyo Ri Trek features the unbelievable scenery of the remote Gokyo Valley and its festival of beautiful turquoise lakes, moonscape-like glaciers, and stunning mountain vistas that include Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, and Cho Oyu – four of the eight highest peaks on earth! The 360-degree view from Gokyo Ridge is the best in the Khumbu!
The beginning of this trek is the same as hiking to Everest Base Camp. On the way, we’ll stay two nights in the village of Namche Bazaar to acclimatize. Namche is considered the trading center for the Khumbu region, and people walk from as far away as Tibet every Saturday to sell their wares here. This is also the hub onto which each trail converges, so yaks and people compete for space in this amphitheater style city.
After visiting Namche, we’ll head up the valley leaving the usual Everest trail and following the rivers run off from the Ngozumpa glacier. After two days we will stop again in the village of Machhermo for another rest day and the chance to hike up Machhermo RI. Our Next stop will be the Gokyo Valley.
Your arrival into this high mountain valley called Gokyo is welcomed by a string of cobalt blue lakes that continue for the 3-hour hike to Gokyo Village, which sits at the foot of Gokyo Ri (18,300 ft) a huge black mound of rock and dirt. The next morning, you’re invited to take the 3-hour hike to the summit of this black, rocky mound to witness the 360-degree Himalayan view offered only from this vantage point. The Himalayas stand like giants guarding the border into Tibet. From Gokyo Ri you’ll see much more than Mount Everest — there are magnificent views of many of the other 8000-meter peaks from here as well.
- All airport/hotel transfers
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- ea house accommodation during the Everest base camp trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Entrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-or French speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader
- All government and local taxes