Tamang Heritage Trekking is a community-based trekking package between the Ganesh Himal and Langtang range with breath-taking views of Langtang and Ganesh Himal. Villages on the route are occupied by Tamang people, closely related to Tibetans, and so the culture is Buddhist with a good scattering of prayer wheels, chortens, prayer flags and mani stones along the trails. Although situated in a district badly hit by the April 2015 earthquake, this heritage trail was hardly affected at all and reopened to visitors three months after the quake and remains an area of outstanding beauty and culture. However, the trek takes in Tatopani (literally ‘hot water’ in Nepali) where there used to be warming hot springs. The hot springs have sadly disappeared after the earthquake.
The Tamang Heritage Trail lies in what was previously a restricted area near the Tibet border and was opened up to visitors lately. The people in this area have a culture, tradition and religion that go back hundreds of years and the craftsmanship, dress and stone-mud houses are testimony of this ancient background. So too is Kyanjin Gompa where there atmosphere is serene as only a Buddhist monastery can be, and where the stunning mountain views cannot help but add immensely to the experience!
- Pickups and drops from airport(s) and hotel
- All accommodations on twin sharing basis
- Breakfast in Kathmandu
- All meals during the trek
- Transportation in a comfortable private vehicle
- English-French-speaking, trained and experienced guide
- Potter service charges during the trek
- ll fees for sightseeing including entry fees for visiting temple(s),monument trekking and national parks
- medical kit
- All necessary paper work(s) and permit
- All government and local taxes