Upper Dolpo to Jomsom trek is one of the difficult but enjoyable and remote trekking routes of Nepal. This trek is for those who love adventure and do not mind getting lost in the wilderness of the Himalaya. The trails here are quiet and sometimes without the human settlement. Thus you can get a thrilling experience of trekking in remote areas. Upper Dolpo is surrounded by massive peaks including the Dhaulagiri and khanji Ropa himal. This region of mid-West Nepal takes you to the freezing settlement of legendary Shey Monastery further than Phoksundo Lake. The lake has turquoise blue colored water. It is surrounded by dense forest and snow-capped mountains. In Upper Dolpo, the Pre Buddhist religion called Bon- Po is practiced. This region has preserved its ancient religion even after the extensive spreading of Buddhism. The region protects one of the last leftovers of traditional Tibetan culture. The Dolpo people settle at altitudes of 3,660 m to 4,070 m and these are one of the highest settlements in the world. There are 130 gompas in Dolpa which speak volumes for the religious nature of its inhabitants. The upper Dolpo to Jomsom trek begins with air-flight to Nepalgunj ending at traditional Juphal village. Juphal village is the entry point to the Dolpo region. Passing through the rusty roads, farming lands and traditional villages you will follow the trekking trail to Shey Phoksundo Lake. You will get boarded on nearby lodges for resting after reaching the Shey Phoksundo Lake region. Later you will do the sightseeing at Shey Phoksundo Lake and follow the trekking trail towards Shey Gompa. The Shey Gompa lies at Saldang village of 2km which is the traditional village of Bonpo sect. Passing the Shey Gompa you will walk towards the Shey La Pass and then towards Yak Kharka. Walking history the Yak Kharka, you reach Mola Pass located at 5030m. You will follow the trekking track of the Trans Himalaya operate and reach Niwa La Pass. It is located at 5120m. Then you will finally descend your way back to Jomsom. After the trek, you will drive your way back to Pokhara and take air-flight to Kathmandu.
Lastly, you can also extend the trek as your schedule. This is the full itinerary of Upper Dolpo to Jomsom Trek. We can change the routes according to your choices. Nima Eco Trek provides you with a complete plan of your trek and takes you through a hassle-free journey.
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfastTea house accommodation during the Everest base camp trekAll meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trekWelcome and farewell dinnersAll ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itineraryDomestic flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu)Guided city tour in Kathmandu by private vehicleEntrance fees for sightseeing/monument visits as per the itineraryAn experienced, English-or French speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodationDown jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)All government and local taxes
- All accommodations on twin sharing basis
- Breakfast in Kathmandu
- All meals during the trek
- Transportation in a comfortable private vehicle & Flight
- English-French-speaking, trained and experienced guide
- Potter service charges during the trek
- ll fees for sightseeing including entry fees for visiting temple(s),monument trekking and national parks
- medical kit
- All necessary paper work(s) and permit
- all local government taxes
Day 1 :Flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj
arrival date and sideshheing date can fix by during booking time.