Nima Eco Trek is pleased to recommend The Khopra trek as an adventurous little known 8 days trek in the Annapurna Conservation area which will brings you straight to the heart of amazing sunrise and sunset views of Annapurna South, Machhapuchhre and the entire Annapurna and Dhaulagiri range.
Starting the trek from Nayapool, the first night is spent at Tikhedunga. The next day you climb up 1,400m to the beautifully situated village of Ghorepani and enjoy the beautiful viewpoint sunrise at the well know Poon Hill on day 3. Leave the crowds behind when you diversion off the tourist path to trek on authentic village and jungle trails that traverse through meadows, ridges, rivers and forest and stay overnight in beautifully located villages like Swanta and Dhan Kharka. Every corner presents you with a postcard perfect view.
The climb up to Khopra Danda (3,660m) feels visually close to a mountain climbing experience as you find the way up a narrow and steep mountain path with wonderful views of layers and layers of mountain ridges below you. The next morning wake up to a golden sunrise over Dhaulagiri and the Annapurna ranges. Stay at a community lodge at Khopra Danda. The views are superb at sunset too, when the valley is filled with layers of mountain ridges and clouds below you with Dhaulagiri, the 7th highest mountain in the world, towering above. There is also an option for a day trek to Khayer Lake at 4,660m.
The next stop after Khopra Danda is Dobato at 3,460m and the sunrise views there are outstanding of Machhapuchhre and Annapurna mountain ranges. From Dabato a short hike takes you to a wonderful viewpoint called Muldai point where you can see altogether 20 mountains such as Annapurna range, Dhaulagiri range, Nilgiri, and Lamjung Himal range etc. You will also have the chance to spot rare wild animals, such as dear, monkey, yak, blue sheep and Monal. If you would like to go on a newly discovered yet remote area, Khopra trek should be your choice. After Dobato you will trek down beautiful forest trails to Tadapani and finally Ghandruk, the largest Gurung settlement in the Annapurna Conservation Area.
- Pickups and drops from hotels and airport
- Accommodations in a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara; and teahouses during the trek (5 nights in community development lodges, 3 nights in local teahouses)
- All meals - Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu
- An experienced English-speaking trek leader (trekking guide), assistant trek leader (4 trekkers, 1 assistant guide) and Sherpa porters to carry luggage (2 trekkers, 1 porter) including their salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food and lodging
- Medical kit
- All necessary paperwork and permits -ACAP, TIMS
- All government and local taxes