Mardi Himal trek is a perfect trip for those who prefer wilderness and off the beaten trails to the crowded popular trekking routes of Nepal. Mardi Himal is a peak at an elevation of 5587 meters which is one of the least frequented peaks in Nepal. The low popularity makes it a peaceful, less crowded and tranquil experience for trekkers and climbers.
Passing through dense forests of rhododendrons, magnolia, pine, and oaks with the picturesque views of snow-clad mountains like Annapurna, Fishtail, Hiunchuli, Tent Peak, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu and others, the trek reaches the maximum elevation of 4500 meters at High camp. It is a moderate level trek with ample time to acclimatize to the rising elevations.
We make uphill climbs and walk along high ridges as we make our way to the base camp of Mardi Himal. The trek is ideal for spring with full of Rhododendron flowers the trails and clear skies with tantalizing views of the mountains and surrounding landscape. The warm people with their unique cultures and warm hospitality make the trek a cultural and enriching experience. The trek is for those who seek natural beauty and tranquility in their trip.
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- 3-star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
- Tea house accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- An experienced, English-French-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Domestic flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, food and accommodation
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion)
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (ACAP, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
Day 1 :
Arrival in Kathmandu (1,300m/4,264ft)
Day 2 :
Drive to Pokhara (827m/2,700ft): 6-7 hours
Day 3 :
Drive to Phedi and trek to Deurali (2100m/6,720ft) 30 minutes drive, 4-5 hours trek
Day 4 :
Deurali to forest camp (2,520m/8064ft) 6-7 hours
Day 5 :
Forest Camp to Bhadal Dhanda (2970m/9504ft) 5 hours.
Day 6 :
Bhadal Dhanad to high camp (3540m/11,328ft): 3 hours.
Day 7 :
High camp to upper viewpoint (4250m/13600ft), return back to Low camp 4 hours.
Day 8 :
Low camp to Ghalel Village (1700m/5440ft): 6-7 hours
Day 9 :
Trek to Lumre, drive to Pokhara and fly to Kathmandu:
Day 10 :